CITY OF FLAGLER BEACH ORDINANCE: TURTLE SEASON
NO BEACH BONFIRES PERMITTED BETWEEN DUSK-DAWN, 5/1/18 THROUGH 10/1/17/18
SHOULD THE SMOKE FROM ANY OPEN BURN, AT ANY POINT, CREATE A HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENT AS DETERMINED BY THE
FLAGLER BEACH FIRE DEPARTMENT BURNING WILL BE ORDERED TO CEASE IMMEDIATELY AND ANY FURTHER BURNING MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM RESUMING UNTIL CONDITIONS IMPROVE.
Please complete the Burn Permit form below within 24 hours of your desired open burn time.
- No fire on the beach after dusk between May 1st and October 31st, no exceptions.
- Ensure there are no active burn bans city and county wide.
- Fire must be contained in a metal drum or similar container, as to not leave remains on the beach.
- Hole must be dug to the depth and length of the estimated flame height (I.E. 4ft flame = $ Ft hole)
- Must have a means of extinguishment Nearby, Such as a shovel, bucket of water, fire extinguisher etc.
- Wood used must be all natural and not contain nails, screws or other metals.
- fire must be 30FT away from the dune line. If the tide does not allow this distance the fire will not be permitted.
- Fire must be at least 100 Ft away from designated turtle nests.